Studio Safety Procedures
In Order for The Southern Strutt to function safely during these times, we ask all our dancers, family members, and employees to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Self-isolation – if you are sick, stay home
- Wash hands frequently (20 seconds with soap and water or use of a sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects including ballet barres, chairs, bathrooms sinks and toilets, dance floors, music equipment and surfaces and remove unnecessary frequently touched surfaces
- Avoid touching of eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Your dancer is welcome to wear a face mask. (Do not use a mask on children under two years old, people with difficulty breathing, or people who cannot remove the mask themselves)
- Cover mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, and throw used tissues away immediately after use
- Avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices or other work tools and equipment when possible, or disinfect them before and after use.
- Our Lobby will remain closed during this time. Parents/Guardians will walk dancer to the door or drop off in the parking lot. Parents/Guardians will remain in the car during class time. Parent/Guardians will pick up dancer at the door or in their car if the child is old enough to walk him/herself to the car.
- All dancers must sanitize their hands upon entering the building and before they exit the building
- Dancers will enter studio door and exit through the back door OR class times will be staggered to eliminate cross traffic
- No access to water fountain. Dancer must bring their own water bottles.
- One student at a time will be allowed to use the restroom (with teacher’s permission)
SterileFog™ Dry Fog Features & Benefits
We are proud to be the only studio in the state using Sterile Fog to keep our dancers safe! Dry fogging is a relatively new decontamination technology that uses a sterilant as a disinfectant. The ultrafine droplet size of the dry fog prevents it from easily settling onto surfaces.
• No toxic odors
• Faster and safer to use than standard aldehyde based disinfectants
• Very effective against bacteria, viruses and fungi
• EPA registered for fogging as part of normal disinfection procedures
• Fully biodegradable
• Contains only pharmaceutical quality raw materials
• Less corrosive than chlorine or aldehy